Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Arabic Dinner with My Former Colleagues

I just got home from a dinner party with my former colleagues. Being without a "formal" job nowadays leaves me out of the Christmas dinners and parties that each work place arrange for their employees. I think that's probably one of the nicest things about having a job -- a work place that actually spends some money on their employees to show their appreciation.


Well, even though I quit my job 4 months ago I still got invited to their Christmas dinner party :-)

There's no shock that a group of Middle East experts chose an Arabic restaurant, Sahara Bedouin Restaurant. It was Arabic "Christmas" food last year as well, at Habibi Cafe near Oslo City.

We arrived at 19.00 and we were met by a Swedish lady dressed in a traditional Arabic cloak. The atmosphere was nice and I liked their Bedouin concept which was reflected in their furniture, warm design and earthy colors, strange decor and exotic music.

After 20 minutes the appetizers arrived!

Meza! Great meza and their hummus was delicious. Every one was having a good time, and I got the chance to hook up with my favorite colleagues :-)



While we were eating and in between the waiting, there was some belly dancing in the room. The belly dancing was OK. I've seen better and I personally think that she could have shaken her hips a little harder! The guys were just staring at her like she cast a spell on them... MEN! :-P

Time went and we were still waiting for our main course.

How long did we have to wait?

1 hour and 15 minutes. They apologized and said that they were short-staffed...

The main dish:
Lamb with rice and vegetables. How was it? My god, I've tasted better than this. It didn't taste awful -- it just didn't taste...anything. Lifeless salad and cold lamb. So I'm kind of disappointed about their food. With such a reputation you would think that they served the best Arabic food in town. The only dish I liked was their Meza.


Price: 259 kr (appetizers + main dish)

Address: Dronningens gate 21
Tel: 22 41 90 00

No comments: