Sunday, January 3, 2010

Avatar... WOW!!!


I just saw the Avatar Movie in 3D version at the Colosseum in Oslo, and it literally blew my mind!

It lasted for 3 whole hours, but it didn't feel like it... I just wanted it to last forever.

All the colors and special effects (I didn't know that all these colors existed), the sexy but weird characters, the story, and of course the political message behind this movie is intriguing.

The humans are invading Planet Pandora, so they can get their hands on a super mineral.... Gee, that doesn't sound familiar.

To me, it's more like a metaphor for the wars going on around the globe.

-- A popular example: The Western World wanted more oil, so they invaded Iraq to acquire the oil in the northern and southern parts of the country.

What so provocative about the movie, is that the humans didn't have the right to invade the planet. It screams: "We take what we want, at all costs!"

It's a movie I absolutely recommend. If you haven't seen it yet, you better see it soon! I think this is a movie you have to see at the cinemas, and not on your TV (unless you have a large wide screen).

ENJOY! Amanda :D

No comments: