Sunday, January 3, 2010

My highlights of 2009!

Here's a piece of the good stuff in 2009 ;)



1) More traveling -- this time to Hong Kong and the Philippines Dec 2008 to Jan 2009

Our schedule in Hong Kong involved visiting Lantau Island and the Big Buddha, sampling delicious Cantonese food, shopping, and more sightseeing. Unfortunately I caught fever during the 3rd day in Hong Kong, and was sick for 1,5 week.

Nevertheless, we had to catch the flight from Hong Kong to Manila on Dec 23rd.

When I finally could walk and stopped freezing in 30 degrees,
me, my boyfriend and my family went to Bohol in the Philippines! ;)

We visited the Chocolate Hills, Butterfly Sanctuary, Alona Kew Beach, Loboc River and the Tarsiers. Tarsiers are so cute and can fit in your pocket.... I resisted my urge to kidnap one, when some of the locals told us that the tarsiers are capable of killing themselves if they feel trapped (like if they're caged)...



Here's Alona Kew Beach. It wasn't sunny, but we still got blinded by the beautiful white beaches.



Nam, nam fresh and cold coconut drink! :D



2) Backpacking in Malaysia <3 June - July 2009

We (aka me and my boyfriend, he wants to be anonymous so I will only write BF or something) loved the beautiful beaches and the mouth running Malay food! We just loved KL, KK and the Perhentians.



If you're going to Malaysia, you're bound to visit Chinatown in KL. It's a bustling area filled with colorful food stalls, markets and all kinds of accommodation types. We just couldn't pass the fruit stands without buying fruit.... Hihihi... Can you blame us..?! ;-)



And of course... my 6th tattoo... a sea horse was painfully taken in Chinatown, but it was definitely worth it!



3) "All I want for Christmas is a new mobile...."

I've had this lousy Samsung for almost 5 years now. They're nice-looking in design, but I wouldn't rely on its durability. During two of these years, I had to load the battery EVERY day! And it would turn on and off by itself. My Samsung was dying, that's for sure...

... So my boyfriend came to rescue. For Christmas, he bought me a HTC Tattoo.



I'm not a huge tech-fan. But the HTC is actually very smart and fun to play with. I haven't exactly mastered the touch pad yet (last night I managed to call my pregnant friend at 3am by a mistake.. Ooops), but I'm getting better and better by the day! :D

4) I conquered my fear --

Ever since I saw the Arachnophobia Movie, I've always been fascinated and disgusted by large, hairy spiders.



Here I am at a spider exhibition at "Gamle Posthallen" in Oslo. If you're interested, and you're in town, go and visit. I think that the only venomous spider at the site was the Black Widow, and that's NOT the one I'm holding ;)



Are there only spiders at the exhibition?
Nope. I met my ugly enemies: the cockroaches.

We're not talking about small cockroaches, but large ones like the Death's Head Cockroaches, hissing cockroaches, scorpions, and centipedes.

The Exhibition is open everyday until January 31, 2010 from 10 am to 6 pm. Entrance is just 100 kroners!

It's the perfect place to get rid of your phobia! I believe that I got ride of mine ;)



5) Obama accepting the Nobel Peace Prize



When Obama and Michelle arrived in Oslo in the beginning of Dec 2009, there was pure madness in the city!

Around 1000 policemen from south to mid-Norway were gathered to protect ONE man, ONE president. And 10.000 civilians occupied the entire center of Oslo, so they could have a look at America's future hope. I wasn't one of the them who followed him like a crazy teenager, but I have to admit that the craziness was contagious.

I like Obama. I like the idea that the majority of the US population finally chose a democrat, and not a republican. But did he deserve that prize?

If you missed it, here's some relevant links:
Did Obama deserve the Nobel Peace Prize? (opens in a new window)

No comments: